HWIC's news feeds allow you to see new resources and information that have been added to the web site. You can get information focused on a specific state or topic, or see additions by category: health workforce events, organizations, funding, news, and resources. By subscribing to the feeds that interest you, you will receive the latest information added to HWIC in your news reader without having to visit the HWIC web site.
How to read HWIC feeds
- For an introduction to news feeds, also known as RSS (Real Simple Syndication), watch a 3 minute Common Craft Video: RSS in Plain English.
- Select a news reader from this list of news readers. Each news reader will have its own instructions for how to sign-up or install the reader and how to add and read feeds.
- Following the directions for your selected news reader, subscribe to the HWIC feeds that interest you:
- See the list of HWIC feeds in the right sidebar on this page.
- Depending on which web browser you use, you may see the RSS icon in your navigation bar on web pages that have a feed available. Keep in mind that the more specific the feed you have chosen, the less frequently it will be updated with new information.
How to use HWIC feeds on your site
If your organization has a web site, you can display the latest health workforce information from HWIC on your site using our news feeds. There are a variety of tools available to help you put feed content on your site, including Feed Informer and Feed2JS.
Please see the Terms and Conditions for more information on using our feeds, and let us know when you add HWIC feeds to your site.