The Health Workforce Information Center (HWIC) does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information disclosed on the HWIC web site. The HWIC web site provides links to other Internet sites only for the convenience of World Wide Web users. The HWIC is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does HWIC endorse, warrant or guarantee the products, services or information described or offered at these other Internet sites.
The Health Workforce Information Center assists health providers, educators, researchers and policymakers around the nation as they work to develop strategies to meet future workforce demands. To do this, the HWIC maintains a variety of web pages. We provide links to information produced by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and other federal and state government organizations. We also link to other web sites and full-text documents. The selection guidelines we use in evaluating links are listed below.
- The producer or sponsor of the web site is clearly identified and is a respected and dependable source.
- Content of the web site is relevant to health workforce issues. The site provides unique information with a minimum of overlap between resources.
- The source of the content is clearly identified.
- The purpose of the web site is to provide information and is not selling a product or service.
- Most content is available at no charge.
- The site is well-organized and easy to use.
- The content of the site is accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Information is current or an update date is included.
- The web site is consistently available.
- Links from the site are maintained.
- Registration is not required to view the information on the site.