Kentucky Health Workforce
This guide brings together all the Resources, Organizations, Funding, Events, and News we've discovered for Kentucky.
Here are some top picks to get you started:
Frequently Requested Information
- Interested in learning opportunities?
The state's Area Health Education Centers may offer career exploration activities, as well as educational programs for health career students and continuing education for health professionals.
- Looking for help paying for your education?
and Inactive Funding
for scholarships, loan repayment programs, loans, fellowships and educational opportunities. You may also want to browse national funding for additional opportunities.
- Does your organization need help recruiting and retaining health professionals?
Consider these organizations.
Workforce Statistics and Data Sources
- Kentucky Board of Nursing – provides access to Licensure Statistic Reports which include RN, LPN, and ARNP counts by level of education, ethnic group, county, gender, and more.
- Kentucky Office of Employment and Training - offers Labor Market Information, including:
- Occupation Profiles for health care occupations. To find information on a specific health care occupation, under "Resources," click on "Occupational Data & Projections;" choose either Occupation Summary, Narrative, Details, or Comparison; select "Occupations by Group;" from the list pick either "Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations" or "Healthcare Support Occupations" and click on the health care occupation in which you are interested.
- Education and Training Data, including programs offered for specific occupations and the number of students who have completed specific programs, such as "Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations" and "Healthcare Support Occupations."
- Occupation Specific Data such as job duties and descriptions, job openings, job requirements, wage data, and more.
State Workforce Organizations
- For a complete list, see the Organizations section of this guide.
Page last updated August 30, 2012