South Dakota Health Workforce
This guide brings together all the Resources, Organizations, Funding, Events, and News we've discovered for South Dakota.
Here are some top picks to get you started:
Frequently Requested Information
- Interested in learning opportunities?
The state's Area Health Education Centers may offer career exploration activities, as well as educational programs for health career students and continuing education for health professionals.
- Looking for help paying for your education?
and Inactive Funding
for scholarships, loan repayment programs, loans, fellowships and educational opportunities. You may also want to browse national funding for additional opportunities.
- Does your organization need help recruiting and retaining health professionals?
Consider these organizations.
Workforce Statistics and Data Sources
- South Dakota Center for Nursing Workforce - provides access to South Dakota Nursing Workforce Supply and Employment Characteristics: 2011 which reports on South Dakota’s nursing workforce supply and compares it with historical data and with future projections. Includes data on Licensed Practical Nurses, Registered Nurses, Certified Nurse Midwives, Certified Nurse Practitioners, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Nursing Faculty.
State Workforce Organizations
- For a complete list, see the Organizations section of this guide.
Page last updated January 8, 2013