Washington Health Workforce
This guide brings together all the Resources, Organizations, Funding, Events, and News we've discovered for Washington.
Here are some top picks to get you started:
Frequently Requested Information
- Interested in learning opportunities?
The state's Area Health Education Centers may offer career exploration activities, as well as educational programs for health career students and continuing education for health professionals.
- Looking for help paying for your education?
and Inactive Funding
for scholarships, loan repayment programs, loans, fellowships and educational opportunities. You may also want to browse national funding for additional opportunities.
Workforce Statistics and Data Sources
- Health Work Force Institute, affiliated with the Washington State Hospital Association – provides access to publications and research, which often include survey results, data, and annual reports.
- Washington Center for Nursing – provides access to data which covers supply and demand as well as licensing information.
- The WWAMI Center for Health Workforce Studies Regional Information Center – provides access to Washington: All Studies which includes descriptions and findings of studies conducted by the Center for Health Workforce Studies and the Rural Health Research Center.
- Washington Workforce Training & Education Coordinating Board – provides access to the Health Care Personnel Shortage Task Force. Here the task force on the shortage of skilled health care personnel in Washington state lists their annual report, as well as ongoing meetings and data.
State Workforce Organizations
- For a complete list, see the Organizations section of this guide.
Page last updated September 4, 2012